Wednesday, March 9, 2011

IT'S ALL HAPPENING.

I've got the official job offer letter, to the tune of a bazillion more dollars a month than I'm making now. Score. I'm nervous, yeah, but really ready to move on. The only thing in my way: ANCC certification. I need to get through this process and the exam. Without destroying myself or others. Tricksy, considering I'm having trouble controlling my ire when it comes to this beaurocratic nonsense.  They offer no support, do not really prove competence, and basically just exist to feed itself and keep itself alive off of the quan of the working people in the field, like a nasty, malignant parasite up the ass of the nursing community.  But I fucking digress.

Still losing poundage and inches steadily.  There have been some, ah, challenging moments, but that's what gawd made heavy sedatives for.  I'm a bit nervous about this, honestly, because in order to lose at a steady, ongoing rate, I've had to reduce the amount I eat every week, at a rate faster than the program is telling me to do so. If I ate all that the program said I could, I'd be going backwards.  Instead I'm focusing on just exercising as much as I can, which for the last 3 days was a little tough for some reason.  But, new week, new day, new chance to get sweaty and disgusting. I can do about 50 pushups in a session now. I'm almost seeing some definition in my upper arms.  And today I got the first honest-to-monkeyballs unprovoked "Hey man, have you lost weight?" since beginning this process. That, I have to fucking admit, felt really good.  Also got a "Jake, your shirts are getting baggy, have you noticed?" from a colleague who did know I've been getting healthy on a program, but still, that was cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment