Thursday, April 14, 2011

This meltdown

I finally had a huge bloody meltdown of galactic proportions about this ANCC exam.  The precursor to this was taking their overwhelmingly ridiculous, maddeningly poorly worded and designed practice test. Several typos. More grammatical errors than I care to recall.  And one of the 25 actually had two correct answers, I confirmed this in several places.  I got into such a state that I started second guessing every answer I chose.  The degree of that much wutdefuckitude, especially when my livelihood depends on such a monumental, blazing turd in test form.
I actually broke down in furious bottomless tears by the end of it, and then started reviewing with such fervor that my very patient boyfriend had to physically wrestle my study materials away from me when it came time to put it all away and wind down for the night.  I have developed such a frothing, lathered panic about passing this exam the first time I take it, that I'm beginning to worry about my ability to competently sit for it without losing my shit.  I have always been a great test taker, these bitches never got to me, but right now I must be in something of a vulnerable state and projecting or some Freudian shit, because I'm so petrified that I'll be told I'm incompetent by this evil little pop quiz that I'm letting it get into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment