Thursday, June 1, 2017

This paradigm

Hey there.  I'm Jake.  I have a lot of discomfort related to neuralgia in my left femoral area, due to nerve root impingement.  In English, I gots pains, yo. Pins and needles that shoot pretty constantly from my left hip down to the knee.  High doses of turmeric help. I'm a PMHNP so I can't take anything that might intoxicate me or hinder my judgement while I'm prescribing, though to be fair, pain can hinder your judgement pretty profoundly too, so, yeah.  (and no, don't @me about that unless you have some fucking experiencing being in consistent, cringing discomfort for months on end while having to make important day to day decisions which significantly impact other people's wellbeing all the while just wanting to punch a baby square in the cutes)  I only have one functional kidney, so I can't take NSAIDS on the reg, gotta baby that thang.  Which brings me to the point of all dis glorious tmi:  HOW DO I TREAT DIS SHIZ BEFORE I KILL SOMMUN????  Glad you asked.  Since I live in Portland, I know what you're gonna ask, and no, I don't smoke weed.  I vape cannabis.  SEE WUT I DID THAR? Here's the thing, I get my curls in a twist when I see the dominant thoughts about cannabis being amplified by, well, most platforms.  Even the platforms that are pro-cannabis are hit and miss when it comes down to it, because eventually at least 50% of the sites I go to for information degrade into the all-to-familiar tropes most associated with cannabis.  Yeah yeah, that joke about Chong was hilarious, sure sure lacing that article about anti-inflammatory effects of cannabidiol with stoner-talk euphemisms is super cute, and original af too, never seen it done before, now please just render unto me my relevant medical information. *disappears in a puff of vapor*

No comments:

Post a Comment