Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This hypocrisy

You know, it's funny. I've spent most of my life lambasting diets.  I watched my pops take suicidal plunges and soaring leaps on the scale, his weight over time a personification of Tiny Wings (play it if you haven't already). Now, however, I sit before my keyboard 25 lbs lighter in 3 months, singing the praises of Weight Watchers. I make all the usual rationalizations, "It's not a diet though! Really! It's like, this whole new thing, man. This whole new way of thinking about food!" But really, yes, it is kinda a diet.

Not that that changes the fact that I'll be counting points for some time yet, so yeah.

1 comment:

  1. The difference isn't really the diet. Yes, WW is more about changing your eating habits than just shedding pounds but it isn't the key change you are making. You are thinking about your reactions to food, why you eat and how you feel. WW encourages that but you could do the program without the emotional stuff just as well...but it wouldn't last. That is why nothing every stuck with your dad because he was dealing only with the fat, not the behavior.

    I'm proud of how hard you are working on this.

    ReplyDelete